We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Since February 6, 2018, many batches of vacuum ham have been recalled due to contamination with listeria, a bacterium that is dangerous for future mothers. Even if the levels detected were low, the precautionary principle was adopted.
Ham contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes
- In all, there are more than 15 references of so-called "superior" hams (see the list on the site 60 million consumers) that have been recalled since February 6. After products of the Carrefour brand, then Le Foué (marketed by Auchan in particular), it was Casino, Monoprix, Grand Jury or Leader Price who made recalls following a contamination with listeria monoctygenes detected in a factory Paul Predault de Goussainville. Also in question, a batch of Cantonese rice Delices d'Orient sold at Auchan and a lot sold by Carrefour.
- It is advisable not to consume these products, to bring them back to the place of purchase and to ask for a refund.
Listeria: what are the risks for pregnant women?
- Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that is widely distributed in nature and whose transmission is mainly through animal foods (meat, eggs, milk, cheese). It is the cause of listeriosis, a completely benign disease, except during pregnancy, where it represents a risk for the future baby, which can lead to miscarriage or premature birth and serious disorders in the baby (sepsis, meningitis) ).
Future moms: caution in case of fever
- Fever, abdominal pain, headaches ... the symptoms of listeriosis are similar to those of influenza or gastroenteritis. If you experience these signs and have consumed any of the products in question before the booster, consult your doctor.
- On his website, the magazine 60 million consumers is however reassuring, indicating that the threshold of contamination detected in the recalled products remains low. For the moment, all production was supsendue in the factory of Goussainville and analyzes are in progress.
To read also: Listeriosis: how to protect oneself?